Saturday, February 1, 2014

Our First Celebration of Asher's Birthday - Well, Sort Of ;-)

We've had a fun and busy month celebrating birthdays this month - Steve's was the 6th, mine was the 16th, & Asher's was the 29th.

I can remember well the morning of January 29th, 2013. I woke up and for some reason started thinking about Asher and wondering when his birthday was. This was before we met him & I had been told the babies home in Uganda thought his birthday was sometime in May. So, just being curious, I e-mailed our attorney and asked if she had ever received his actual birth certificate and if so, when was his birthday. She wrote me shortly after I sent my message and replied, "Why ma 'dear, his birthday is today!" I could not believe it. I mean - what are the chances of that actual day truly being his birthday?! I mean, seriously?!

But just in case, we went ahead and made a cake & celebrated that night without him but felt he was there in spirit. Cheezy, I know, but I just wanted him to know when he was older that we celebrated his birthday on the same day we found out when it was - and it actually happened to be his real birthday. (And now, we do have proof because his birth certificate does say January 29th!) What a God thing!

Jan. 29, 2013
For mine and Steve's birthday, we ate at Fuddrucker's, one of the kid's favorite restaurants. Their favorite, but I didn't have to cook so I'm not complaining ;-)




And here's some of the sweet homemade gifts the girls made for me...

Made with love by Kenzie

Made with love by Abby

We always celebrate our birthdays with Steve's family so we recently got together with them to celebrate. Asher is still trying to make sense of what birthdays are but he had fun opening his gifts and eating cake...






The Sunday before his birthday, some sweet friends of our gave Asher a little black baby doll that they had seen at IKEA & said it was perfect for him. And perfect timing, too! They didn't realize his birthday would be in just a few days...



Asher decided to name him "Bubba" and they've become pretty good buds ;-)

The morning of Asher's birthday, we ate at a local donut shop and had "#3" donuts for his special day...



Then we ate at one of our favorite local Mexican restaurants for his birthday dinner...


And opened gifts when we got home...






This little guy has blessed our socks off and we're so thankful we got to celebrate his 3rd birthday in our home, together as a family ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment