Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Back to School 2014


We began our 9th year of homeschooling today! That is just amazing to me. I would never have dreamed this would be part of our family plan 10 years ago but now I wouldn't change a thing. I feel so very blessed that Steve has a job that provides for our family so that I can stay home with the kids. It truly means the world to me. 

Here's their "First Day of School" photos, the obligatory pic of new school supplies (we actually didn't need much this year as we had quite a bit of stuff we could reuse from last year) & the curriculum we'll be using this school year...


Yes, our school supplies include candy, perfume, nail polish, & hair bows ;-)







Extracurricular: BizTown, Guitar, NOAH Cheer, and Homeschool Co-Op



 Foreign Language: Duolingo (French)

Grammar: Easy Grammar


Keyboarding: Typing Web




Extracurricular: Ballet (4 classes this year!) and Homeschool Co-Op

I'm really excited about our History curriculum this year. I bought it from a couple that had a booth at the OCHEC Tulsa Homeschool Convention. They are actually missionaries that have worked all over but mostly in Rwanda and Uganda - so of course I loved talking to them and supporting what they do. I believe they put the curriculum together and it's filled with tons of great Hero Tale books, which we have always loved. The set includes...







And little Asher will be going to preschool 2 days a week this school year. I think he will really love it and it will give me a little more one-on-one time with the girls while he is gone. Here's a few pics of him getting his back-to-school haircut. Can't believe he is growing so fast! He loves going to school, being with friends, and learning - quite the social little guy! ;-)



Here's to another great year of learning and having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment