Thursday, November 20, 2014

November Fun

Our girls and their friends in Project 1:27 - Hope 4 Uganda had a fun time raising $ and awareness for Arise and Shine Babies Home in Jinja, Uganda, at an annual craft show we participate in. I also had a booth and raised $ to send kids to school in Uganda...








I have a booth at Bless UR Heart Boutique in downtown Owasso, OK where I sell bags and beads made in Uganda & 100% of the $ goes to Arise and Shine Babies Home in Jinja, UG and to help pay school fees for kids that live in UG. The owner of the store, Janet Dills, had a fun paint night for all the vendors and we got to paint this fun fall pumpkin...


I had a great time attending Asher's preschool Thanksgiving celebration. His class sang songs and took turns saying what they were thankful for. Then we got to eat a yummy Thanksgiving feast. Asher put on an "interesting" show - he's definitely his father's boy ;-)














Every Thanksgiving morning, we try to participate in the Owasso YMCA Hog Jog. I'm a very fair weathered person so I always have to check the weather before I decide if I will run or not. This year Abby & Kenz did the 5k and Asher and I ran the 1-mile fun run (well, Asher ran about half the way then I carried him the other half - but hey, we finished!)...







Asher and I had a fun date night and saw the Ugandan Kid's Choir in concert - such talented kids! We got to meet them afterwards & Asher got his picture with some of the kids from the choir...




Here's a youtube video with many of the songs we saw them perform...

No comments:

Post a Comment