Friday, July 8, 2016

Warning: Proud Mom Moment

I'm so very proud of our teen daughters, Kenzie (age 16) and Abby (age 14). They were asked by a local church to be the speakers at a camp in Missouri this week and share about Uganda and Sole Hope. Kenzie even drove to the camp.




I'm learning to let go and remind myself often they actually belong to God and are only in my possession for a very short while. That's a very hard lesson for me but it's part of life so I'm learning to deal with it. ;-)

I just love when I hear stories of youth today stepping outside of their boxes to chase after God and what He's passionate about. I was so not in that mindset back in the day. Life was all about me, my friends, and escaping from things that were negative in my life. Now I know we can only find true joy in Jesus.

1 Timothy 4:12 (NIV) - "Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity."

Luke 16:10a - "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much."

Matthew 25:21 - "'His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'"

No comments:

Post a Comment