Thursday, July 27, 2017

Uganda Education Fundraiser

Friends, I have created sets of "Uganda ABC flash cards" and would like to sell them to raise $ for our Ugandan friend, Francis Onyinge, to go to college. I met Francis back in 2012 on my second trip to Uganda. He was our driver and we fell in love with him from the first minute we met him. He continued to be one of our favorite drivers on my next three trips to UG & his family became a part of ours. He and his sweet wife, Harriet, have amazing testimonies. It's been so neat to see how God has used them & continues to bless their lives.











So to the point of this blog post... Francis only has one more year to finish college then he can fulfill his lifetime dream of being a teacher in Uganda. Selling these cards are just one small way I thought we could all help him accomplish his goal. The flash cards are about 4"x6" and are printed on card stock, then laminated. I am asking a minimum donation of $25 (Francis will receive $10 plus any extra donations that are given for each set sold. This cost includes shipping.)




If you'd like to purchase a set, please fill out the google form at this link and I will be in touch with you as soon as your cards are made. (And thank you for your patience as I complete the orders. I thought I'd only have a few but I received about 22 orders the first day I posted about them. It takes me about half an hour to complete one set so delivery dates are currently about 2-3 weeks out.)

I came up with the idea for these cards because our family has two adopted kiddos from Uganda. We also homeschool and I thought this would be a fun way for them to learn their letters & sounds & to remember important parts of their culture. I also recently sent a set with a team from Project Hope Worldwide to use at their school in northern Uganda. 


It was so neat to be sent this photo of one of the children using the cards. I hope it makes learning a little more fun for them!


Thank you for your purchases and for giving Francis hope for a better future!

#lovebig #educationgiveshope #Uganda #beaworldchanger

No comments:

Post a Comment