Friday, December 6, 2013

Loving Our New Advent Banner

My friend, Allie, is adopting from Uganda and from the same babies home that we adopted from, as well. She is super creative and is selling printable digital art that she has created on the computer to raise $ to cover their adoption expenses. I just purchased her Christmas Scripture cards which we will use as an Advent Calendar of sorts.

Each card is printed in bold colors on card stock. This side shows the Scripture verses...


And on each backside is a different idea to do a random act of kindness for someone else that day. F-U-N!!!


I decided to make ours sort of like a banner or garland so I first took some thin brown lace and glued it to miniature clothes pins. I then hot glued buttons to the tops of each one...


Then I just pinned them in the order that I liked to twine & added a few fabric scraps knotted every so often...





Easy shmeasy - we look forward to using it this Christmas season! Allie has all kinds of super cute Scripture and Christmas art, so please help them raise $ to bring home their sweet little girl & check out her Etsy store here.

No comments:

Post a Comment