Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Giving New Life to Old "Junk"

I have two new products to share that my friend, Andrea with Paint So Pretty, introduced me to. Andrea has discovered Poppies Paint Powder and loved it so much she is now a sales rep for them in our area. It's a powder that you simply mix with regular latex or acrylic paint & it turns it into chalk paint - super fun and easy.

I recently took a chalk painting class from Andrea and we made these super cute chalkboards from old picture frames we found at Goodwill. She showed us how to mix the paint and the best ways to apply it to our frames...


My girls also took a class from her & had so much fun painting some pieces for their bedrooms...




So I decided to try my hand at it and refinished some stools I had for Asher's bedroom & for his side of the sink in the bathroom. I also used Frog Shape Tape - the 2nd product I wanted to share. It's so simple to use and currently comes in a chevron or wavy pattern...














What I didn't show in the pictures is that you do need to finish off your piece either with polyurethane or a wax unless you want to use your piece as a chalk board. Poppies Paint Powder and Frog Shape Tape - check them out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment